Change of status

Changing Your Visa Status (Change of Status)


Once you have entered the US, your plans may change and you might need to change your visa status to align with your new plans. When that happens, you will need to apply to change your status in the US.

Different visa status means different activities and therefore you must keep your visa
updated with the purpose for which you are staying in the US.

We at Bluedata aim to make students’ journeys abroad easier. We have a team of staff and counsellors to guide students throughout including visa-related issues too, helping them ace their academic programs without having to worry about change of status.

Generally, visitors may apply to change your non-immigrant status with US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USICS), while remaining in the US upon meeting the following requirements:

How to apply for F-1 Visa USA?

  • You had been enrolled in Bluedata’s program.

  • Your current non-immigrant status is valid.

  • You have not violated any condition of your current status.

  • You are not involved in any criminal activities.

Follow these steps to get your status changed:

  1. Apply to and receive acceptance from a SEVP-certified school.

  2. Receive a valid Form I-20 for your school.

  3. Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee.

  4. File an I-539 form with supporting documents to USCIS.

  5. Wait until your application has been approved by USCIS and then start atttending school as a F-1 student.

You may require to change your visa status for a lot of reasons and different reasons may
demand different actions. It’s better to talk to experts discuss your options.

Bluedata International Institute has helped many students apply to change their non-
immigrant status of  F-1 Visa USA. We are your one-stop destination if you have questions about
changing your non-immigrant visa status. We help our students get through the process of
changing the status of visas by guiding them at every step of the way.

Get in touch with us to know more.